- Median net worth in the United States is $121,700, up 17.6 % from 2016 while the cumulative rate of inflation over the same time is 23.7%2
- Average net worth is $748,800, up a more modest 2% from 2016 while the cumulative rate of inflation over the same time is 23.7% 2
GOP Has a Chance at Oregon Governorship for First Time in Four Decades
PORTLAND—Oregonians might choose a Republican governor for the first time in 40 years, polls show, as voters look for new leadership to take on homelessness and crime and a well-funded independent candidate complicates the race.
Former Democratic state House Speaker Tina Kotek and former state House GOP leader Christine Drazan are running evenly at just under 39%, according to the polling average on the website FiveThirtyEight.
Betsy Johnson, a former Democratic state senator who stepped down to run for governor as an independent, is drawing an average of 14%, according to FiveThirtyEight.
- A man experiencing homelessness, identifying as ‘Q,’ has built a makeshift home on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles – which he puts on wheels so that he can avoid being approached by police
- The makeshift home is built from thrown-away construction site wood and stands on top of car batteries – while plants decorate the exterior
- ‘Q’ is ‘self-employed,’ fixes bikes and wants to start his own business as a mechanical engineer
- He denies public housing because his makeshift home ’empowers’ him, while some living options feel like ‘concentration camps’
- A native of Kansas City, Q has lived in the city for a few years and has been taking shelter inside his sidewalk shed for a few months, and locals say that they don’t mind him being set up there
- Sagging tents, rusting RVs, and makeshift structures have become commonplace along Hollywood Boulevard to Venice Beach – and even in the shadow of City Hall
- Homelessness in Democrat-led LA has become a massive issue since the coronavirus pandemic
Six ways to Make People Like You
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.