WARNING: recent police shooting video from Columbus, Ohio.
An officer saves two young black girls from being murdered by shooting the black girl who is attempting the murder.
You might think to yourself, that this is really going to twist the minds of people who want to defund the police with calls peppered by chants of ‘white supremacy’ because the officer saved two black girls from being murdered.
Thanks to the rhetoric of people like Lebron James, emotions were charged and facts abandoned as people began to take to the street calling for “justice” because the cops dared to shoot a knife wielding assailant as she was attempting to murder two people.
Let’s take a look at just a few facts about this shooting.
Date April 20,2021
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The assailant is Ma’Khia Bryant. Aged 15 or 16.
Timeline and observation from the video:
1) As the video opens, the officer pulls up, leaves his vehicle, approaches a small group of people and asks “what’s going on” multiple times in order to try to help the situation.
2) Within a couple of seconds, you see a girl is running towards the officer, being chased by another girl.
3) The girl being chased is knocked to the ground after being stabbed or almost stabbed, the officer pulls his gun and tells the assailant to get down multiple times.
4) The assailant ignores the officer and attacks another girl, Pinning her to the car and lunging at her with a knife.
5)Between seconds 54 and 104 of the video, the adult man standing off to the right side of the screen kicks the girl on the ground in the head. Who is this man? Is he the foster parent or just a bystander? He likely has some relation to the girl doing the stabbing since he joins her in the attack.He should also be charged with assault or even as an accomplice to attempted murder.
6)The officer stopped firing when the assailant fell to the ground.
7) It took almost exactly 6 seconds from when the officer got out of his car until the first girl fell right in front of him as she fled a knife wielding assailant.That means within six seconds, he arrived, asked what was going on, and then begin to witness a murder in progress.
8) From that point it took another 3 seconds for the assailant to turn her attention to another girl and lunge at her with the knife, holding her to the car while she tried to stab her.In that three seconds, the officer made the decision to use lethal force to stop a knife wielding assailant who had already attempted to murder two people.
9) It appears as though from the time the officer arrived until the time the last shot was fired the assailant attempted to murder two people and the officer fired four shots.
From this video, it is evident these officers did everything I would hope they would do if I was the one being attacked by a knife wielding assailant.